you said move on, where do i go?


me...


Juliaaar!
the ever so weird girl-next-planet.
Year 11, Baulko :)



I heart you.

i live for...
I live for...

Family
Friends
Science
Medicine at UNSW



friends.
Yeli
Niro
RRR
Hive of Five
SandU

thanks
© * étoile filante
inspiration/colours: mintyapple
icons: cablelines
reference: x / x

past
♥ July 2008
♥ August 2008
♥ September 2008
♥ October 2008
♥ November 2008
♥ December 2008
♥ January 2009
♥ February 2009
♥ March 2009
♥ April 2009
♥ May 2009
♥ June 2009
♥ July 2009
♥ August 2009
♥ September 2009
♥ October 2009
♥ November 2009
♥ December 2009
♥ January 2010
♥ February 2010
♥ March 2010
♥ April 2010
♥ May 2010
♥ June 2010
♥ July 2010
♥ August 2010
♥ September 2010
♥ November 2010
title: Romcoms and U.S. schools.
date: Thursday, October 15, 2009
time:2:15 PM
Okay. So, I was reading this blog that I <3 to read...and it mentioned juniors and sophomores. At first I thought "Ah. US schooling" and then I thought "hold on. What year is that?! Wtf." so i decided to Google it :D And here is the US schooling system as defined by some user on Yahoo Answers.

Freshman - 9th grade or first-year college student
Sophomore - 10th grade or second-year college student
Junior - 11th grade or third-year college student
Senior - 12th grade or fourth year college student

Kindergarten - Ages 5-6
1st grade - Ages 6-7
2nd grade - Ages 7-8
3rd grade - Ages 8-9
4th grade - Ages 9-10
5th grade - Ages 10-11
6th grade - Ages 11-12
7th grade - Ages 12-13
8th grade - Ages 13-14
9th grade/freshman - Ages 14-15
10th grade/sophomore - Ages 15-16
11th grade/junior - Ages 16-17
12th grade/senior - Ages 17-18

So now when you're reading a book/blog/fanfiction or some other thing that I haven't mentioned you know what they mean when they say something like....*thinks for a second* "Me and him met in High School. He was a Junior and I was freshman" (Wtf ==') Sorry, first thing i thought of.

The U.S. schooling system isn't the only thing that annoys me these days. Romantic Comedies annoy me as well. I think it's because I'm completely heartless and hate it when somebody gets a happy ever after and I don't. In every single friggin' romantic comedy it's guaranteed that the boy and girl will end up together forever, much like a fairytale. It frustrated the heck out of me! How about we make a romcom in which they both have their hearts ripped out of their chests and smashed up with a sledgehammer! (metaphorically, of course) But, seriously, think about it. Is there any romcom that doesn't end in happiness all around and a passionate kissing scene? Think of one. I dare you!


comment? / top